Ah, long weekends. Nothing’s sweeter than a beautiful long weekend in the summer. For those in Canada, we’d like to wish you a happy Victoria Day, and for our neighbours to the south, we hope you have a great Memorial Day next weekend!
There’s something about a summer long weekend that just rejuvenates you. Extra day-light, extra time with family and friends, and fresh air – not a bad combination! As the summer gears up, there’s likely no shortage of things to do – let this list help guide your next long weekend.
1) Take a day trip! Choose to explore a nearby metropolis or small town – is there somewhere you’ve be wanting to check out? Now’s the best time!
2) Curl up with a good book. One of my favourite things to do in summer is find a great park and enjoy a good book – hours pass easily!
3) Head to the beach! Your family will make marvelous memories at the beach – sun, surf, and sand!
4) Go Camping! This is a great suggestion for budget-friendly travelling. Whether you’re with family or friends – the fresh air and escape from technology will invigorate you!
5) Start a bonfire. Depending on your municipality’s by-laws, a captivating campfire in the backyard can be a great addition to your long weekend plans.
6) Check out nearby festivals! There’s no need to travel if a summer festival is going on right at home. Meet up with friends or family to support local businesses and community events.
7) Visit with family. When everyone is off work, there’s more time to catch up with extended family.
8) Let your kids choose! Maybe there’s something your kiddos really want to do and now’s the time to do it.
9) Have a great work out! Most gyms have shortened hours on long weekends, or take a long walk or run around your neighbourhood. Your body will thank you for it!
10) Rained out? No worries. Stay home and curl up in front of the fireplace. You deserve it!