The Ontario government recently released the 2041 Provincial Growth Plan which focuses on increased density in urban areas. This means that we are going to be seeing a lot more condos and apartment buildings as we go forward.
This is great because condo and apartment living has many benefits:
- you don’t have to do your own yard work and maintenance
- you can get access to multiple amenities, such as pools and gyms, that would otherwise be too expensive or space-consuming for a detached home
- they are usually in close proximity to city amenities and entertainment
- they offer greater security than a home
That being said, condos and apartments also have several limitations, one of which is the ability to install a fireplace. The fact is, gas or wood fireplaces are not an option if you currently live in a condo or apartment because of the requirements for venting and flues.
Does that mean you can’t install a fireplace in your condo? Absolutely not!
With electric fireplaces, you can enjoy the style and function of a fireplace in your condo or apartment. With so many styles, options and designs to choose from, you are sure to find a gorgeous unit to meet your aesthetic and installation needs. Options include free-standing mantels, wall-mounts or furniture pieces with fireplaces built-in. You also have the option to hardwire your fireplace or plug it in, which is great in rental units where landlords have additional limitations on how a unit can be used.
If that wasn’t enough, electric fireplaces have many other benefits that make them a great option for condominiums and apartment buildings.
- They are safe – no worries about fumes, smoke, or carbon monoxide poisoning. Additionally, most electric fireplaces are safe to the touch.
- Energy efficient – electric fireplaces are 100% efficient because no heat is lost through venting.
- Year-round usability – most electric fireplaces have the option to run with or without heat. This means the ambience of a fireplace is enjoyable year-round.
- Longer life-span – unlike other fireplaces, electric fireplaces are less likely to rust or corrode over time.
Start looking today to enjoy the style and functionality of a fireplace in your condo or apartment - visit our selection of innovative fireplaces at Dimplex.com
Benefits to Condominium and Apartment Building Developers
The need for more living space is great news for the residential construction industry, but it also means that there will be a lot of condominiums and apartments to choose from. As a result, condominiums and apartment buildings will need to stand out, and what better way to do that than to offer luxury as a standard!
With electric fireplaces, your company can create luxurious units without the extra time and costs associated with planning for and installing flues, pipework and chimneys. Electric fireplaces also have many other benefits that make them a great choice for new builds, and with 77% of today’s homebuyers indicating they would like a fireplace in their home, it is clear that fireplaces will be a great addition to your units.
To find out more information, check out the Dimplex Builder Program.
Dimplex North America Limited is the world leader in electric heating, offering a wide range of residential, commercial and industrial products. The company’s commitment to innovation has fostered outstanding product development and design excellence.