Electric heating offers a number of benefits, one of which is limited maintenance.
Since electric heaters have virtually no moving parts to break down or wear out, electric heating is extremely reliable, and will normally provide a long service life compared to other systems.
And, because they are so safe, there is no maintenance or annual inspection required. On the other hand, other heating system, such as a gas boiler based systems and furnaces should be serviced and safety tested regularly.
Like any household product or appliance, the better you take care of electric heaters and fireplaces, the longer they will perform. If units are operated with an accumulation of dust or dirt on the element, it can cause build-up of heat and eventual damage.
Here are some easy steps you can take to improve the operation of your electric heat appliances and extend their life.
- Review the owner’s manual for directions specific to your unit. All Dimplex manuals are available on our website.
- Before starting any cleaning or maintenance of your baseboard heater, ENSURE THE POWER HAS BEEN TURNED OFF at the circuit breaker panel.
- If your heater has been used recently, make sure you allow the element and body of the unit to completely cool before touching it.
- Remove the front cover to the heater, exposing the heating element.
- Lightly vacuum the element, removing any dust or dirt build up that may have occurred over time.
- If you have more than one baseboard heater in your home, complete all the steps above before restoring power to the units.
By taking the time to clean your electric heaters, before the cool winter months arrive, you can ensure that your family will enjoy maximum comfort and safety.
Visit our website for more information about electric heating for your home or cottage, including Dimplex CONNEX wireless technology, which is setting a new standard for comfort, energy-savings and control in residential heating.